Badaga in ENGLISH script till a separate and exclusive Badaga Script becomes acceptable and easy to use
Though some friends may feel odd about my adopting an existing Language – English- and adapting it to write in Badaga, for the time being, I will stick to English to express in Badaga (Script).
The conventions used are;
- Capital letter brings out emphasis – like o is just o but O is OH –ஒ ஓ or no is நொ but nO is நோ
- Extra ‘a’ is stretching the word – like kade is கடெ but kaade is காடெ
- Letters which are not in English alphabet but available in Badaga (and Tamil) can be accessed by using the shift key(Capital) – like l is ல but L is ள , n is ந but N is ண் . zh is ழ
- Capital S is ஸ, small s is ச (ch will also brings out ச)
Now some sentences typed in English and what they bring out in Tamil
- enna heNNU enna kaNNU maakke – என்ன ஹெண்ணு என்ன கண்ணு மாக்கெ- My daughter is like my eyes
- ELaya nOdi Edasa bE da – ஏளய நோடி ஏடச பேட – Donot ridicule the poor
- Kalla maaththi kaLLa alla – கல்ல மாத்தி கள்ள அல்ல – Kalla’s son is not a thief.
- Maadhi mammi madhi kettudhuve – மாதி மம்மி மதி கெட்டுதுவெ – Madhi aunty’s mind is gone
- KaadE, sattana kadE – காடே , சட்டன கடே – Kaaday, get ready fast.