FIGHTING DENGUE MUST START AT EVERY HOME.
Mosquito trap (Dengue prevention) : Its just a mix of water, brown sugar and yeast.
1. Cut a plastic bottle in half, keep both parts. Can be soft drink bottle.
2. Take the lower portion of the bottle. Dissolve the brown sugar in hot water.
Let it cool down to ~70 deg F (room temperature).
3. Add the yeast. Carbon dioxide will form. (This will attract the mosquitoes.)
4. Cover the bottle with a dark wrap and insert in the top portion upside down like a funnel. Place it in a corner in your house.
5. In 2 weeks you will be surprised by the number of mosquitoes killed.
The Nilgiris used to be relatively mosquitoes free. No more. With the global warming taking its toll. And, the towns and villages becoming unplanned of concrete jungles with scant regard for general hygiene , these unwelcome visitors are having a ‘field’ day. So take care, prevention is better than CURE !