|Premnath Paliath [email@example.com] writes :-|
|I am from Gudalur though not a Badaga myself. I have been with and known Badagas for a long time. I am an ardent trekker and I have been trekking in the Himalayas and Nepal for quite some time now. Some of the places in the Nilgiris are very similar to Garwal and Kumaon regions of Uttaranchal and eastern parts of Himachal, there is a good scope for wonderful treks here.
And the Badagas are as hospitable as those inhabitants of the Himalayas I really regret for not utilizing the opportunity of trekking while I was a student here at Ooty.
Now I would like to go for treks, ie walk from hutty to hatty along the road used by Badagas those days. I would talk to the old timers and find out the routs used by them years ago and just walk along them making use of the wonderful hospitality of the Badagas.
Anyone interested can join me. I am a lawyer at Gudalur. My cell no is 09487130262. Feb, March, April and May are the right time to do these treks.
So lets celebrate the beauty of the Nilgiris and be with nature and the wonderful Badagas.
- Badaga Jewellery – Bangara
- Morey System among Badagas
- Proud of you Karan for making it to IIT
- Major Saravanan, we are proud of you
- BADAGAS OF NILGIRIS INCLUDED IN UN WORLD’S INDIGENOUS PEOPLES DATA BASE
- The “Ha” sound in Badaga (Badagu)
- Dr.R.Haldorai’s recent articles on Badaga
- Badugu Place Names Deciphered