Ms.Anushya Padmanabhan writes ;
I am from Ooty and I have been thru your portal on our culture you aer doing a great job. Now I need a favour from you, there is a road in Chennai West Mambalam named after great Ari gowder called arya gowda road… many people have mentioned that it’s named after him.
However when I have posted it in Face book few baduga friends needed proof. I dont know how to prove this as you have gathered many info on him, is it possible to get some information on this?
Thank you Anushya for your comments. Yes the road in front of Mambalam Railway Station is indeed named after Rao Bahadur Ari Gowder though the name is misspelt as ‘Arya Gowda’. See below as well as the page “All About Ari Gowder”. I have most of the land documents with me – Wg Cdr JP
- Remembering Rao Bahadur Ari Gowder
- Badaga Jewellery – Bangara
- Morey System among Badagas
- Proud of you Karan for making it to IIT
- Major Saravanan, we are proud of you
- BADAGAS OF NILGIRIS INCLUDED IN UN WORLD’S INDIGENOUS PEOPLES DATA BASE
- The “Ha” sound in Badaga (Badagu)
- Dr.R.Haldorai’s recent articles on Badaga